Glad you're here! Get answers to frequently asked questions about reptile enclosures. Reptile cage heating, reptile enclosure ventilation, safety and more. ToadRanchCages.com
True to Size Measurements
- All Toad Ranch Cages, Stands and Hoods- are true to size exterior dimensions. (LxWxH) Our 4x2x2 is just that.. 48x24x24 not 47" to the outside. This applies to ALL custom ordered sizes as well. Interior dimensions can vary based on product selections.
All USA Made Plastics
- No Paint or Stain fumes here! Our Signature Design front frame isn't just for show, it is the backbone of our design. Toad Ranch front frames are made out of 3/4" thick high-density rigid plastic- the same stuff used for Marina Architecture, Luxury Boats, Outdoor Resort Cabinetry, and Theme Park Playground Equipment. This material holds up to the harshest conditions without even breaking a sweat. It is UV stabilized and colored all the way through and will not fade chip, rot, swell, de-laminate, or scratch off!
Safe & Responsible Material Selection
- At Toad Ranch we use only premium materials to ensure the safety of your animals.
- All standard reptile cages, stands and hood are made from PVC body panels are made in the USA and contain NO PLASTICIZERS- this additive in some PVC sheet material is responsible for potentially harmful off-gassing.
- This PVC is Free of any Lead or Heavy Metals so it's safer for you too!
- Assembly is very simple! All you need is a screw driver! Our front frames come pre-assembled with the glass door track installed, there are 5 body panels to fasten together and the frame- that's it and there's only one size screw! All our enclosures, stands and hoods have been pre-assembled to insure a perfect fit for re-assembly! No wayward screws here!
You can check out our assembly instructions HERE
Many Custom Options
- click HERE for more information and pictures.
- Our enclosures have very tight-fitting joints and under most normal husbandry conditions will not, but a spilled water bowl or standing water may leak. We recommend sealing the lower joints as a precautionary measure.
- Make sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and recommended cure time before introducing your animal.
Best Stackable Reptile Enclosures
- Structural integrity was our top priority in designing these enclosures. The front opening is the most vulnerable to the common front sag, causing sticking doors. Our signature front frame design isn't just for show, it is the backbone of our design. Creating the most structurally sound front openings for PVC enclosures on the market!
- All of our Enclosures, Stands, & Hoods come with our Locking Dowel System. This Offers the ability to stack stands, enclosures, and hoods while providing an almost seamless look!
Tip: Level your enclosures to help eliminate any seams or gaps in between stacks.
See what folks are sayin' about Toad Ranch Here on our Testimonial page!
Will heat mats work through the PVC?
- YES! We always recommend the use of a thermostat control or rheostat monitored with a temp gun to set the desired temp.
- If using a heat mat choose the option to add a temp probe channel!
Top Brands Reptile Heating & Lighting
- The Arcadia Reptile ‘Ceramic Lamp Holder and Bracket PRO’ is an easy to use and very versatile lamp holder. Made from quality components this lamp holder can be used with most heat sources. We do NOT recommend the use of ceramic heat emitters in PVC enclosures, the surface temperature of these bulbs get WAY too hot to be used safely inside our enclosures. Arcadia Deep Heat Projectors are a GREAT alternative to ceramic heat emitters!!
- If you are housing a snake or other reptile that can reach up to the light fixture, we always recommend using a wire heat lamp basket to prevent burns if you are using a heat bulb. You should make sure the holes in the wire are small enough to ensure your reptile can not fit through the wire. There are other options as well for heating snakes, radiant heat panels are a popular choice.
- Another option is our Perforated Aluminum Screen top that allows for you to have your heat bulbs on the outside of your enclosure.
Maintaining Proper Temperatures
- The natural stone surface of our Bask N Hide provides a solution to maintain proper temperatures in any reptile enclosure. This elevated surface combined with the real slate tiles allows for optimal basking conditions. Slate retains heat effectively and aids in the dispersing of heat which warms the surroundings enabling you to reduce the wattage bulb your running to allowing you to achieve the desired ambient temperatures.
Can you install a fluorescent / LED fixture or heat panel for me?
- We currently do not install any fixtures (LED, Fluorescent, Heat Panels). These fixtures are easily added by the customer during or even after assembly. We recommend Arcadia, Vivarium Electronics, and SunBlaster.
Certified Tempered Safety Glass Doors
- At Toad Ranch we know how important the window into that masterpiece is, not only for protecting what's inside but for optimal viewing! Our doors are made of high-quality 1/4" thick Tempered Safety Glass with ALL polished edges for smooth operation and smooth touch. Tempered Glass is 4x stronger than regular (float, annealed, plate, etc.)
- Glass won't yellow, warp, get cloudy, bow, or scratch like clear plastics and best of all doesn't require special cleaning (which is a routine chore for any reptile keeper).
Tip: water spots can be removed with vinegar and water or super-fine #0000 grade steel wool.
Is the gap between the doors big enough for my animal to escape?
- The gap is pretty minimal, however when we have housed baby dwarf monitors or colubrids we use 1/2" adhesive felt strip that is readily available at your local home improvement store. Please feel free to email and we can point you in the right direction.
Bioactive & High Humidity Safe Reptile Enclosures
- The components in our Enclosures are the same stuff used for Marina Architecture & Luxury Boats. Remember these are ALL PLASTIC! Our enclosures will not rot, swell, de-laminate or fall apart under the conditions our herps require!
So PVC is great for high humidity species, what about arid species like Bearded Dragons and Uromastyx?
- Yes, We have you covered! Checkout our Species Specific Enclosures. You can also have your vents placed on the Side Panels- 3 on each Side Panel. 3 Higher on the Right (Basking Side) Panel and 3 Lower on the Left (Cool Side) Panel to increase cross ventilation and lower humidity.
- If you would like help configuring your enclosure please reach out to us, we are always happy to help!
- If you already have your enclosure there are a few options to keep the humidity down- Make sure your substrate is dry when you put it in, make sure your water bowl is not over top of a heat mat or directly under a heat lamp, if these fixes don't remedy your humidity issue we recommend purchasing a reptile enclosure fan that you can install over one of your 4" vents- this can be ran on a timer and actually stimulates activity in most species.
Can my reptile open the doors, do I need a lock?
- This depends on the species you are keeping- a lot of smaller lizards and some snakes can not open the sliding doors and you may not need one. We use locks on all of our enclosures if for nothing less its just a reminder to make sure the door is closed completely and keep the kiddos out!
Always use a Reptile Cage Thermostat Control
- PVC enclosures hold heat very well and while this is a great attribute and great for your electric bill it is important, just as it is in all enclosures, to monitor and have a safety device on your heating source. There are lots of options in all different price ranges for thermostats- we use Spyder Robotics Herpstats but the cheaper ZooMed thermostats work well also.
Best Bioactive Reptile Enclosures
ALL our reptile enclosures, stands and hoods are 100% USA made PLASTIC.
- Our 19 & 24" tall reptile enclosures come standard with 3-1/2" lower frame that allows for that much substrate depth and keeps the substrate out of the glass track!. If you need more depth just select the larger lower frame option and upgrade to a full 6" lower frame or deeper depending on the enclosure.
- If you'd like a deeper litter dam than what is available on the item just ask! We can make it any size!
What are your lead times?
- Our up to date lead times can be found HERE. Our lead time is NOT just an arbitrary estimate, it is a real-time reflection of our schedule and our deadline to ship YOUR enclosures, stands, and canopy hoods!
How does shipping work?
Please double check on your confirmation email that you have entered your shipping address correctly. Any additional fees to reship, store, any remote delivery fees etc. will be at the customer's expense. All sales are final- we will not offer a refund for undeliverable shipments, refused shipments, or cancellations. Should your item be returned to us and requires a reshipment it will be the customers responsibility to pay actual shipping cost not the discounted rate you originally were charged.
- Enclosures 5x2x2 and under ship UPS. Anything Larger than 5 foot (as well as some XD and EC models) will ship freight.
- We are proud to offer some of the most competitive Freight Shipping prices around! Lift Gate Service is always Included!
- Once your order is completed you will receive a fulfillment email with tracking info. Freight orders - Please keep a lookout for the Freight company to contact you to setup a delivery day. It is always best to allow for an all-day availability to help ensure your shipment will not need to be rescheduled.
- The Lift Gate Service is included in the shipping cost. The driver will lower the pallet to the ground with the lift gate and off load it. Some Freight drivers will bring it up to your house, some will not, they are only required to drop it at the curb with this service.
What if my enclosure arrives damaged or is lost?
We take extreme care in packaging, and it is very unlikely your item will arrive damaged!
All of our shipments are insured! If any of our products arrive damaged, you must notify us by email within 1 week of delivery or any damage claim will be forfeited.
For an insurance claim & issuing any replacement part(s) we must have the following:
- photos of all the following: shipping label, damaged to the shipping box, damaged item, packing material.
- If your enclosure(s) have shipped via freight you MUST note with the driver on the delivery receipt any damage!
- It is important that Customer is present when the package is delivered, or somebody is present who can safely receive the package on Customer’s behalf. If carrier tracking determines that the package was delivered to Customer’s address, the carrier will deny any claims for a lost package. Toad Ranch, LLC will be unable to provide a refund if a delivered package is lost.