Bask-N-Hide | Reptile Basking Platform and Hide Box
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
What's The most NATURAL Basking Platform???----Natural Stone!!What is the Most NATURAL Hide for Reptiles??----Natural Stone!!What does Toad Ranch "Bask-N-Hide" Offer your Reptile??Simply A Reflection of Nature!This Innovative Basking Platform / Hide Features a Beautiful Natural Slate Stone Top and Black PVC body that Disappears in your Toad Ranch Enclosure.Natural Stone absorbs heat from Basking Lamps and Deep Heat Projectors offering NATURAL and SAFE underbelly and radiant heat for your reptile.
Ships in 1-5 business days CALCULATED AT CHECKOUT
BASK-N-HIDE'S ship flat to save you money! Super Easy to Assemble- Instructions Included.
- Single Wide: 12"x8"x6" (LxWxH)
- Double Wide: 16"x12"x6" (LxWxH) ** Bearded Dragon Favorite**
- Triple Wide: 24"x12"x6" (LxWxH)
- 6"x4" Cavern-Style Entryway (cut on the Length Side)
- Heavy Duty 1/2" class PVC that is lightweight and durable.
- 8"x12" Natural Slate Top (Color and Thickness May Vary)
*Always check the surface temperatures of any basking site to ensure it is within the desired recommended Basking Temperature range for the species your housing!
Having trouble keeping a basking site while maintaining your ambient temperatures? The natural stone surface of the Bask N Hide provides a solution. This elevated surface combined with the real slate tiles allows for optimal basking conditions. Slate retains heat effectively and aids in the dispersing of heat which warms the surroundings enabling you to reduce the wattage bulb your running to allowing you to achieve the desired ambient temperatures.
Each item is hand-made and due to the nature of the materials there may be minor imperfections present.
Check out our FAQ HERE
Special care should be taken when using heat bulbs inside ANY enclosures, PVC is no exception. We ALWAYS recommend using a thermostat controller with any heating device/bulb.
We do NOT recommend the use of ceramic heat emitters in PVC enclosures, these get WAY too hot and don't direct the heat down. Arcadia Deep Heat Projectors are a GREAT alternative to ceramic heat emitters!! Not only do they project the heat down to your animal without producing visual light, they provide your animals with beneficial Infrared-A and Infrared-B wavelengths. You can buy Arcadia Deep Heat Projectors from us HERE!
LOST ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS? NO WORRIES. WE HAVE THEM BELOW:
- Phillips screwdriver (wrist powered or battery powered- be careful not to overtighten screws!!!- set drill clutch at 2-3)
- Coarse thread 1-1/4” #6 screws
- PVC body panels
- Slate Stone Tile(s)
Notes: All body panels will be marked on the INSIDE surface with A,B,C, and D and arrows that should point toward the matching letter.
- Match the labels with arrows pointing toward each other and install screws through the panels with the countersinks into corresponding panel making sure the holes line up. (These have been pre-assembled to make this easier!)
- Repeat Step 1 until all panels have been assembled.
- If you have a Triple-Wide install the brace into the cut slots with arrow pointing up and secure with (2) screws.
- Now simply set your Slate Stone Tile(s) into the grooved top and that’s it!
These tiles are REAL stone and highly variable in thickness, appearance and dimensions. We have hand selected stones for your Bask-N-Hide that fit together well and any gaps or wobble should not affect the functionality of your hide. If they don’t seem to fit together quite right you might try turning and switching tiles until they fit. If you want the tiles to be set permanent you can use an adhesive sealant like Lexel, Dap230 or Silicone 1 to “glue” them in.
*Always check the surface temperatures of any basking site to insure it is within the desired recommended Basking Temperature range for the species you are housing!
Please contact us at: ToadRanchReptiles@gmail.com
Shipping Calculated at Checkout.
- We are proud to offer some of the most competitive Freight Shipping prices around! Lift Gate Service is always Included!
All of our HDPE / PVC Reptile Cages ship flat to save you money! Every Enclosure is pre-assembled to ensure quality and to make re-assembly easier. Assembly is very simple! All you need is a screw driver! Our front frames come pre-assembled with the glass door track installed, there are 5 body panels to fasten together and the frame- that's it and there's only one size screw! Easy to follow instructions are included and available here.
Our lead time is extremely important to us, and we keep a very close eye on our schedule to make sure orders ship out NO LATER than the below time frame.
For Up-To-Date Shipping Times Click HERE.